Monday, May 31, 2010

Remember...

Today is Memorial Day, a day we remember those past and present who have served our country. My brother is currently serving in the United States Navy and is out on deployment.
I wanted to post today with a special thanks to him.

This is my sister and I with Chris on the day of his Boot Camp Graduation.

This is my brother Chris waiving goodbye to my parents before his deployment.
Thank you to those who have served, are serving, and especially to those who have given their lives.
A friend posted on facebook today the following quote:

A Soldier, Sailor, Marine, Airman is someone
who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to
the United States of America for an amount up to, and including,
their life. That is an honor, and there are way too many people in
this country today who no longer understand that fact

I hope everyone remembered to take a moment today and thank those who have provided us the ability to celebrate this day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails