Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Time to Get Motivated!

May 25 2010

This is the start of our veggie garden. Since I took this photo, its basically doubled in size. David is apparently really into growing veggies!

May 26 2010

This is my coworkers and I at the Get Motivated! seminar at the Target Center in downtown Minneapolis. Don't we look motivated?! From the left is my coworker Linda, me, Mike and Scott. The seminar had some really cool points, like when Colin Powell spoke. However there were also low points, like when the speakers tried to sell us their stuff. Overall we had a good time.

May 27 2010

These are my new bed sheets. I know, exciting right? Except it is! I went to the Minneapolis Farmer's Market. There was this couple selling 1500 thread count cotton sheets for $35 a set. $35 Dollars!!! What a steal! They are super comfy too. I love them!

May 28 2010

Frickles!! I am in love with the fried pickles at a local restaurant. However, I got a craving and didn't want to drive across town, all alone just to order fried pickles. So I opted to make them for myself. They were amazing! Totally hit the spot! Want to try them yourself? Check out my tutorial here.

May 29 2010

This was a perfect day! My friend Heather and I went out to Delano, MN to Countryside Garden's Annual Peony Show. On our way there we spotted this little diner in the middle of nowhere. We stopped off for an awesome lunch. It reminded me of the little dive bars back in Wisconsin. What was funnier, when I ordered my bloody mary, the waitress said "Honey, I'm gonna need to see your ID, you look like you could be my daughter." The funny part is, her name was "Julie S." For those of you who don't know, my mother was formerly a Julie S. She is a Julie W. now, but Heather and I got a kick out of it none the less.
After lunch we went to the show. We wandered around fields and fields of peonies. They were beautiful! While we were there we heard some ladies talking about a local winery! Perfect!! We got directions and did a little wine tasting too! I brought home a bottle of Strawberry Rhubarb Wine. A perfect day out!

May 30 2010

I was playing around with the black and white feature on my camera when I noticed my two pups together on the couch watching out the window. They are so cute together!

May 31 2010

I got my first Etsy order from someone I didn't know! How exciting is that?! This is the order all packaged up and ready to go. The woman was trying out samples for her upcoming wedding. I'm crossing my fingers that she likes them and places another order! Whats that? You didn't know I did cookies? Check out my baking blog here. There is a link to my Etsy shop, and I love to take custom orders. I ship anywhere in the USA so check it out!

June 1 2010

I wasn't very inspired today. I was putting away some recent purchases and decided to photograph a couple of them. When I was in FL back in December, I had used my Mom's Olay face lotion. I don't know if it was the lotion of the vacation, but my acne cleared up!! I decided to use up the last of my newly purchased face lotion before switching. I've now gone to Olay, and hopefully my face will clear up again! I've also decided to be "pro-active" and I bought an anti-aging eye cream. Its weird for me to even be looking at anti-aging stuff. Where did the time go?

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your etsy order, hopefully it is the start of things to come! The frickles look so yummy, I'm definately going to try them, thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails