Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Paw Print Canvas

Remember about a month ago I posted pictures of an upcoming project? Refresh your memory here. I wanted to create some wall art that would represent my family. I had grand intentions of being this amazing painter. As it turns out, I am not. So I turned to what I am good at....scrapbooking! Check out my "Family Paw Print" canvas!

Pretty neat hey? I started by spray painting the edges of the canvas with a bold blue.

I used some grunge board flourishes for accents. I inked them with distress ink and covered them with glossy accents.

I added a few grunge board brackets covered with Perfect Pearls.

In the center, a grunge board heart colored with distress ink and glossy accents. Then I topped it with the key hole that was done with Perfect Pearls.

Attached to the heart is a Tim Holtz swivel chain and a grunge board key. The key was also done with Perfect Pearls.

Each one of us covered a "paw" with distress ink and stamped it. This is David's "paw" print.

My little yorkie Sookie's paw print.

My staffordshire terrier, Caesar's paw print.

And of course, my "paw" print.

All of the papers were from the Little Yellow Bicycle Lucky Me collection.
This is the canvas on my wall. I haven't decided if that's the wall it will stay on, but for now, I'm lovin it! (Bada ba ba baaa!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails