Saturday, April 25, 2009

Rain Layout

I completed a new layout, and my first posted one on here!

Heather and I spent a day sightseeing in Brighton, England. While we were inside touring the Royal Pavilion, what we like to call "Hurricane Brighton" hit! We had to maneuver around the city in pouring rain and violent winds. By the end of the day my umbrella was blown out several times and we were soaked to the bone. You couldn't do anything but laugh about it!
For the base is regular cardstock. I layered on top of that a water drop themed paper and used my edge distresser and ink to add dimension to the edges. With distress ink and a water distress technique I made the top layer. For an extra special touch I sprayed with Glimmer Mist in Patina.

I took scraps of the distressed paper and punched out butterflies. I inked the edges and used stickles in Turquoise to make the details. I folded the wings up and used "rain drops" for the bodies.

This was my first layout using a Tim Holtz mask. I love the effect over the layers of paper!!

I liked the masking technique so much that I cut a title with my Cricut Storybook font and used it as a mask as well! My ink pad left lines, which I ordinarily wouldn't like, but this time looked like sheets of rain!
This was so much fun to do!










No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails