Monday, April 20, 2009

Customer Appreciation Toot!

Today I got the coolest thing in the mail, a Customer Service Award from the Metropolitan Airports Commission (MAC)! Since I work at the airport I am required to wear whats known as a SIDA security badge. All airport employees wear them. However, when an employee leaves their job they have to turn them in. If they dont, they are considered outstanding and a potential security threat. Over the last year the MAC has had an increased amount of vendors with outstanding badges. We were one of those vendors, so I made all kinds of efforts,(including tracking down an ex-employee's wife and driving 30 minutes on my own time to meet her and get the badge back!) to recover these badges. After a year of hard work I was able to get our company off the "black list" and back in good standing. Last week, at the MAC Quarterly Meeting they awarded me with an outstanding service award for contributing to the safety and security of the Minneapolis/St Paul Airport. Unfortunately I was out of the office on the day of the meeting, so I missed the public announcement. But it was a great suprise to get in the mail today! So, if I do say so myself....Yay Me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails