Sunday, April 19, 2009

First Post!



Good evening everyone! It is my official first post on my new blog! I've decided to share my creative hobbies along with a sprinkling of the randomness that is my life.


I'm working on some new scrap pages to post on here. Some of the products I'm very excited to experiment with Tim Holtz Distress Ink, Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist, and my new shipment of Prima Flowers! New posts about that to come soon.




I am also taking a Michael's Cake Decorating Class. I am having a blast! This week will be my last week of Class 1. Today I worked on my Wilton Roses in preparation for class. I'll post my Grand Finale Cake later this week. But first, lets take a look back to my week one cake....the Care Bear. Here I am with my little bear with his crumb coat:


We had an hour and half in class to work on our cakes. I had to use a star tip and pipe tiny little stars, close together to fill in this cake. By the end of class I thought my hand was going to fall off, and I only had the backside of him done.


However, I was determined to finish him, so the next day I spent another hour and a half piping stars onto the front of him. I added in all of the little details. Just when I thought it would never be finished, I piped on his eyes and Voila! He was complete. However, I must have been tired because he turned out cross-eyed!!

Overall, I was quite pleased with myself. In case you're wondering, he was a butter pecan cake with vanilla buttercream. Delicious!!
Wish me luck on my grand finale!

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails