Friday, July 17, 2009

New & Changing

Its been awhile since I've been able to post. Life has been crazy busy and I haven't been able to scrap as much as I'd like. I've decided to take on cake decorating as a side business. I've created a new blog just for my cakes! Check it out: http://fairytalefrosting.blogspot.com
Don't worry, I'll be posting here for all my crafting fun! Speaking of which, check out my latest layout! This photo is from my last trip to Scotland. The blonde is my Scottish friend Lorna. We met in 2001 when I studied abroad in her home town. We've been friends ever since. Here we are having a pint at our old hang out, Masons!

I tried a few techniques on this one. Check out my tutorial on making a Paper Rose for the center rose. I also made the blue flowers from felt. I painstakingly stitched detail and pearls into the circle, and finished off with dimensional paint and stickles! The details took quite a bit of time, but I love the end result!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness. The detail is absolutely gorgeous. I love the pearls and the flowers. I still need to try those. The felt is great. the colors are perfect with the pearls . You gal's look so pretty. Love what you've designed. Like I said . . gorgeous. I'm off to check out your new blog and I'll add the link to my blogger list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S I've left something for you on my blog

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails