Sunday, May 31, 2009

Puppies at the Beach

This weekend I took a break from scrapping and instead did some baking! My friend Heather is in charge of bringing the dessert to her sister's tropical themed bridal shower. She came over and we experimented with an idea. Beach Cupcakes!!

We made coconut cupcakes with vanilla frosting. We also used almond buttercream for the flowers.

Don't they look delicious?! They were fun to make and tasted great too. They are going to be a hit at the bridal shower!!

I wanted to try to make some puppy cakes that I saw in a book. Heather agreed to help with that too. While we waited for the next batch to bake, we indulged in a little wine. How perfect is this.....Cupcake Wine?!

Life doesn't get any more perfect that a beach cupcake washed down with a glass of Sauvignon Blanc "Cupcake" wine!
Once the new batch was cool, we got to work on these little cuties!!

Here is a close up....don't you just want to pet him?

And of course, it wouldn't be complete without a little puppy love....

We had a blast making these!
This week I start another Wilton Course. This time I'm taking the Fondant class! So stay tuned for more culinary creations!

2 comments:

  1. THESE ARE SUPER CUTE! WHAT TYPE OF ICING DO YOU USE?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!! For the puppies I used some left over homemade buttercream. However, that ran out about half way through, so I did the rest with canned frosting. I thought the buttercream gave better results, but both turned out cute!
    The beach ones are all canned frosting, but piped on with a star tip.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails