Monday, December 21, 2009

Its A Very Merry Christmas!

The holiday season is upon us! Since I haven't posted in some time, you know I've been busy! This time of year is hard to squeeze in scrappin, but I thought I'd share some of my Christmas crafts!

See that wreath on the tree? I used my star shaped cake pan, set an empty cool whip container in the center. Scattered fresh cranberries in the pan and filled with water. I froze it and then hung outside with ribbon. An inexpensive holiday touch to our otherwise bare backyard.

This is my homemade holiday kissing ball. I chose to forgo the traditional mistletoe for this beauty. Shopping sales at Michael's allowed me to buy several pearl picks for about 17 cents a piece. A little glue and styrofoam ball, and viola! Pucker up baby!

My end table was little a little bare, so I took some holiday theme paper and cut into varying size circles. I took wooden spools and painted them red and green. Fitted with a 3/4 inch dowel, I stacked it all together with a little hot glue and now we have a table top tree! All for about $5 in materials.

These were just some extra ornaments hung with thread in front of my window. Clever hey?
What can I say, I'm addicted to Michaels. When I saw these glittery poinsettias I had to make a wreath for our door!

Here is our cozy dining room. I scored some holiday wall decals at Border's on sale. Paired with extra ornaments and a poinsettia and our boring dining area was transformed into a warm holiday dinner setting!

All is merry and bright in our living room! Notice the "wreaths" on the window...those are decorative ceiling mounts! I picked them up for $5-$7 a piece at Menards. A little craft paint and some ribbon, and we have some unique wreaths!
As you can see I've been a busy little elf!
I hope everyone has been having a wonderful holiday season!
Merry Christmas! See you next year!





1 comment:

  1. The picture of you three is adorable! You are beautiful. And all your holiday decorations. Brilliant. That is all I can say. You sure have a wonderful touch. Love the festive look you had at your place!! Happy New Year and I hope your Christmas was wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails