Saturday, June 27, 2009

Me...Unzipped

I am in love with the 7 Gypsies "Gypsy Market" collection! I bought the papers and was so excited, and then a creative roadblock hit. The paper was so beautiful, what would I do with it? What if it didn't turn out as amazing as I had hoped? So I mulled it over for weeks. I was wandering around Michaels, when it hit me....a jean zipper! This, is where it lead me:
I tore the paper and then stitched in the zipper, put the photo in place and backed it up with another piece of patterned paper. The embellishments are mostly Tim Holtz. I used a Tim Holst mask in the corner, as well as grunge board key and lock. The key and lock are distressed with Perfect Pearls Aged Patina. The green rose is hand made (see my Paper Rose Tutorial!). The title is Cricuit Stone Script. The florishes are also Cricut, Storybook. I used Heidi Swapp Clock Stamps in the corner, and some Prima Flowers alongside the one I made. The journal box was distressed with Walnut Stain, Tea Stain, and Firebrick Distress Inks.
A lot of time and effort went into this page, and I am so pleased with how it turned out!
Try a zipper on your next page!

1 comment:

  1. You are absolutely beautiful and so is the page you've created! Thanks for posting the paper rose tutorial. I love what I've see on your blog so far. You are very talented and creative. Love the Zipper!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails